6.01.2009

Special Needs

I am feeling sentimental about my job. I have been tearing up (as in crying) when I think about leaving my sweet sweet pre-school peaches. The beginning of the year was very hard but I have grown quite fond of my profession. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I think I am a darn good teacher.
Most of these pictures are of me because I don't want my students faces up on here.

Number Rock
Great reading program found here
Mat Man {Great handwriting program found here}
Tender hearts. {Earphones to reduce over stimulated audio}



Coloring on the underside of a table. So good for students who have low muscle tone and poor fine motor skills.

I assure I do not sit in this chair all the time. This is the only time when our kids are sitting and we can actually take pictures. My day is mainly filled with tissues, hand feeding, dirty diapers, art projects and music. And lots and lots of love.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish Emma could come to your preschool, she would learn so much! :)

Lindsey Jayne said...

i look up to you A! I hope I am half the teacher you are. Loves lady!

Stephanie said...

is it weird that i dont even know you that well and yet i feel very very proud of you?? haha


well i do- i can tell you are a fantastic teacher- way to be!

Unknown said...

You are an awesome teacher! Looks like a great class!!

Tom and Emily said...

I think that is so awesome! It takes a great woman with lots of patience to teach those little souls.

Heather said...

I would pay good $ to have you as a teacher for my children. Do you think that if you're still a teacher when Cole goes to school he could be in your class.....even if he might not have special needs? Worth asking, right?

{Erica} said...

i can just tell how much you love your job and I just know what an AWESOME teacher you are by the way you care for your kids...it shows in your pictures.

My sister is special needs and I've always had a special place in my heart for those who teach and love them.

so excited for your new adventure though...

Jake said...

You're so talented. I wonder if it's all the Special Ed practice you get at home dealing with me.

ashley said...

you are such a great teacher, those kids are so lucky to have gotten to spend a year with you!

ha, just read jake's comment. that's funny.

Brittany said...

i really think it takes a special person to be able to do well at a job like yours. and i mean special in a good way. this was a really great post and i'm so happy you shared it with me (and everyone else). i would love to see you in real-time action. you are great.

Smith Family said...

I teared up just reading that. ... and thinking of you with Lulu. You have such a tender heart. They know you love them. They see you'll do anything for them (I saw that with you and Lu) and that is what helps them progress. I am so lucky to have you for my sister(in-l)!

The Tesimales said...

I feel you on leaving the job. I loved teaching kindergarten last year. My favorite time was story time. SO fun. I would love to come observe your class for weeks or the whole year actually. I bet you were awesome.