9.27.2008

Maryhill Museum of Art II

Maryhill had one of the finest Native American exhibitions I have ever wondered through (and believe it or not I have been to quite a few Native American museums). It was titled Native People of North America and features ancient petrogylphs, intricate baskets and beadwork and a vast array of artifacts from Pacific Northwest and North American tribes.
The very first Baby Bjorn.



If I had been a Native American I would want to be a Chippewa, look at this amazing bead work.

There was also a small section of historical artillery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced I was a Native American in another life, AJ. I've been to Native American Exhibits for as long as I can remember. I love everything..everything! The moccasins are incredible.

Kevin said...

When did you guys get to Maryhill? It is a pretty cool place, but really out in the middle of nowhere. Did you go to see the Stonehenge replica while you were there?

Kevin said...

On the other hand, as the page scrolls down, I see that I linked too soon. Obviously, you did the Spinal Tap tour stop.